Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 28th Garden Update

December 28th.
I laid down a foundation of cardboard and newspaper a few days ago. You can usually use this method in place of the weedblock, it will serve as a great weed block and grass killer if you do it correctly. I use it as a good base for the organic layering that I do. If you use the newspaper and cardboard method make sure you wet it down alot, it helps to break it down. Also don't use the glossy section of the newspaper and make sure all the packing tape is off the boxes.


This is where it all starts. I get a real good start on the compost pile after cleaning out the coop. Nothing ever goes to waste!




Finished box of dark gold. I will wet this down every once in a while and may add some worms at some point. It will break down even more over the next 6-8 weeks before I start to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers